Thursday, August 24, 2017

Day 434 - Happy 6th Birthday Evan!

     A year ago this day was anything but guaranteed.  As I sit here thinking back on the past 14 months I'm amazed with everything that has happened.  There are days when I think back to his struggles and remember we'll never get our naivete back.  It's days like today that I reflect and yearn so strongly for a healthy and happy son at the end of our journey.  I'm beyond thrilled to celebrate his 6th birthday with him later today.

Full head of hair and a smile to boot.

     On the health front there isn't anything new to report.  We're continuing with treatment and looking forward to pulling the Voriconazole later next month.  His next appointment is scheduled for early September, however I believe they're holding the Vincristine and only going with his IV based immuno-boosting medications.
     This past week the family and I visited Toccoa, Georgia to watch the eclipse in totality.  We got a room in Commerce, Georgia the night before and spent Monday morning shopping in the nearby outlet shops.  Despite a hot day we tried to enjoy ourselves and once the moon passed I promptly packed our things and tried to beat the traffic home.  It was a big mistake.  Instead of taking an hour and a half it took us closer to five hours to get home.



Grabbing a bite at the Totality Festival.

Eclipse time!

     Today we have several things planned to make this day special and a party this weekend with Evan's friends.  I'll post more photos later today along with a smaller update.
     I'd also like to wish my niece Lily a belated happy 4th birthday.  We celebrated her big day this past weekend, but unfortunately I didn't get many photos.

Skye made a visit to the party.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the birthday celebrations were good. I am also planning my daughter's birthday at one of the stylish Venues in San Francisco in a couple of weeks. Booked the venue and got amazing discount too. Will finalize the caterer and decorator after discussing with my family in a day or so.

    ReplyDelete