Saturday, July 8, 2017

Day 387 - The Summer of Evan continues (gratuitous photo blog)

     As I mentioned in an older post we were going to try and make up for as much lost time as possible.  We've certainly held true to that commitment.  From a health perspective not much has changed.  I'm absolutely thrilled that we get to hold Evan's Methotrexate on Monday ahead of his spinal tap and other procedures on Friday.  What does this mean?  It means it will give his skin a fighting chance to heal up a bit.  The Methotrexate slows and severely stunts his body's ability to repair itself.

Debra and Evan making slime.

     With the Methotrexate being held I'm hoping that Cristy (or possibly me) can get him to White Water this week for one last day in the sun.  School starts back up at the end of this month and I have a feeling we won't be able to find much more time for water parks or the beach after that.  Cristy took Evan to buy his school supplies and he's starting to get excited about school.  Evan told me just today that he wants to "go there right now".  

Evan reading to his brother for nap time.

     Last weekend we celebrated the 4th of July (on the 2nd) and got a chance to have some of Evan's friends over for a couple of nights.  With improved blood counts comes our willingness to let him mingle more often with his friends.  On Saturday my friend Mike and his daughter Debra came up to visit.  Cristy was nice enough to give the kids plenty of things to do.  Evan was ecstatic since he loves playing with people at the house.

An "appetizer" before the main course.

     The following night our friends Katie and Jason came by with their daughter Camdyn to grill out and shoot fireworks.  We had a great evening over-eating and rushing through fireworks to beat a storm front that ultimately didn't come through.  Most importantly I think all the kids enjoyed themselves and that always puts a smile on all our faces.

Run!  It's a giant girl at the Children's Museum.

     Cristy got a chance to take the kids various places this week.  The Children's Museum was one of the days and she took the kids to visit Camdyn, Katie and Jason at their house on another day.  We wrapped up the week with a trip to Paw Patrol Live at the Fox Theater this morning.  It was Nolan's first trip and as expected he was mesmerized.  Cristy asked me prior to the show starting if I was excited and I told her I was excited that the kids were excited.  I always wonder what is going through an actor's head when they perform for kids.  In this case it was adults dressed up in dog costumes singing and dancing, but I digress.

Camdyn and Evan enjoying the warm weather.

     The rest of this blog is filled with pictures from the last seven days or so.  I'll provide another blog Friday evening after Evan's appointment.  I hope to have blood counts, next steps, what to watch out for and a progress report.  I know the doctors aren't able to tell us much, but any type of encouragement we can get always lifts our spirits.

Playing Eggedon (with water fortunately).

Group shot before we got started with fireworks.

Momma hen and her boys.

Nolan was very excited and couldn't concentrate.

The show is about to begin.

Children's Museum







The kids watching Jason and I plot our next move.









No comments:

Post a Comment