Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Day 894 - Happy Thanksgiving! (2018 Edition)

     Tomorrow my family and I will celebrate Thanksgiving down at my parents' house.  2018 has been a very good year for us and I'm going to use today's blog to expand on some of the things I'm grateful for.  Naturally with this being Evan's blog I'm so very thankful for his continued good health.  Other than the broken arm earlier this year he's been very stable.  Last week he was battling a bit of a cough and congestion, but he seems to have bounced back with no ill effects.

Turkey Fever has hit

     In addition to Evan's good health, I'm thankful that many of those in my life are doing really well, health or otherwise.  I'm thankful for a solid job with great co-workers, friends that accept me despite all my flaws, the roof over my head, and of course I'm grateful for being married to my best friend.  As we sit at the table tomorrow with friends and family I hope I'm able to take a moment to reflect on all I've been blessed with and remember those who haven't been as fortunate or are no longer with us.
     Next weekend Cristy takes part in the St. Jude 10K weekend in Memphis.  It's not too late to make a donation should the urge strike you.  It's tax deductible and you'd be contributing towards a great cause.  Also happening next week is Evan's monthly chemo appointment.  This includes his LP and week of steroids.  I should probably stock up on Del Taco gift cards for him since I know he's going to eat his weight in tacos once the steroid side effects kick in.

Cristy and Nolan doing a little yard work

     Closing out with various photos from the last couple of weeks.  Earlier this week the family and I went to Great Wolf Lodge for a few days with my sister and niece.  It was a great time and I enjoyed getting some exercise and making memories with everyone.  Have a happy Thanksgiving and should you decide to brave the crowds on Friday make sure to keep your sanity and be safe.

Day 1 at GWL


Getting ready for a morning of MagiQuest



Evan and I got on the bridge to squirt people floating by




No comments:

Post a Comment